Thursday 27 September 2012

Phnom Penh - I'm here


We left Saigon and flew across flooded Cambodia with the rice paddies and roads covered with water. It IS the wet season. It was raining when we left Saigon and the flight was only 30 minutes, which seemed like 15 mins. 

I descended into Phnom Penh and could see the confluence of the Mekong and Tonle Rivers - where Phnom Penh is. I saw the Friendship Bridge, built by the Japanese to help Cambodia and the dried up West Lake which they are going to build on.

I got the special visa for Cambodians put into my new Australian passport, which means that I never have to pay for a visa and can go into Cambodia whenever I want. I got this because I was born in Cambodia, even though I am an Australian citizen.

We grabbed a cab and drove straight to Sally's house - it felt as comfortable as I did in Saigon because these are my two places.










No comments:

Post a Comment