Wednesday 24 April 2013

Just wandering Luang Prabang

RICE CAKES being dried
I told you Mum and I walked and walked in Luang Prabang - I think we ambled for about 6 hours - at LEAST!

Here are some photos of what we saw:


French Colonial building - from inside

The exterior of an old French Colonial building.

Rice being dried.  I've seen this so many times but  thought I'd show you incase you didn't know.

Traditional outdoor kitchen. (Mum says she loves this scene)

In Australia workmen would use a drill to smash concrete, in Laos you do it manually!

School Primary Luang Prabang - remember I told you Mum was teaching me French?

Kids all round the world have so much in common.


Me LOVIN my water . . . well actually NEEDING the water!
Because most Laotions live in rural areas, they can't get books easily. So there is an NGO which takes books by boat up the river to villages for kids to get books. People need to donate the books and pay for the petrol for the boats. Each book costs $2, and I have five books for the next  delivery of books to a village. 
The local library - 

Rice noodles (which I have in my Pho) being dried in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment