Monday 22 September 2014

Missionaries of Charity in Siem Reap

Our first morning in Siem Reap, after breakfast, was at Lucky supermarket buying Dumex Dupro or France Bebe 2 formula! The Missionaries of Charity need these brands of baby formula because they can be trusted and contain genuine nutrients. 

 Breakfast in the garden


Formula (left)

Missionaries of Charity ..the familiar blue and white. 


I hadn’t visited the Sisters in Siem Reap before, but I knew some of them and they all knew me! Some of them hadn’t seen me since I was 6 months old!

The Home of Joy isn’t an orphanage like in Cham Chao, but a place where mothers can leave their children safely when they can’t look after them for a little while. They know their children are getting good nutrition and care. There is only one little 3 year old girl there who is orphaned because her parents were killed in a motorbike accident. 

Kathryn (in Yr 7 at Queenwood, who was also in my water polo and netball team) came with her mum. They were in Siem Reap too.

The Sisters gave me a beautiful Rosary and wanted me to learn the Hail Mary prayer, I prayed the Lords Prayer with them. They were pleased. I’ll see the other Sisters at Monivrong and Cham Chao when I get to Phnom Penh. 
the last time I saw Sr Bettina was at Monivrong four years ago!


1 comment:

  1. Lucky’s Market rewards a $250 Gift Card to survey winner for visiting lucky's supermarket survey and entering the survey. Thus, these customer satisfaction surveys can indeed prove lucky and fruitful to some people. The $250 Lucky’s Market Gift Card can be utilized on later purchases at Lucky’s Markets.

    ReplyDelete