Sunday 28 September 2014

Wet day deluge

Wet day deluge

Courtenay came over at 11am, in the rain. It rained most of the day, so we decided to do a “Khmer photo shoot”. There is a little photo place which mostly prints photos but also has a small, tiny room upstairs where Cambodians get photos taken to mark special times in the lives. Like when they get engaged, or get married or are pregnant or finish school. 
Oh, BTW, I read yesterday that only 75% of kids who do their Year 12 exams pass! And only 9 kids in the whole country last year, who did the Year 12 exams got an A. 
At the photo place, there are makeup “artists” who spend hours, literally, doing makeup and hair styling. Courtenay and I did this, I’ve actually done it with lots of other friends when they come to Phnom Penh, like Bea and Ashlee and Lily, as well as Emily, Saem, Sopheak, Sophia etc. I’ve been doing it for years. We then get dressed into traditional Khmer outfits. 

Here are some photos of me with my traditional Cambodian dress - with makeup! 



 
Mum took the photos above with the better lighting, although we will get a CD of the photos when I have been photoshopped into a Cambodian background setting. 
The photo below .. was just before I went into the photo studio with the photographer. 

After the photo shoot we went to the Russian markets, but as the rain had just dissolved it was like a sauna in there. So we didn't stay long. But I will be back!

1 comment: