Tuesday 9 October 2012

Goodbye Saigon & Riverside

We spent 3 days in Saigon staying at our old home, Riverside. I went to a sleepover party for Joel on Saturday night and spent time with all my old friends - the ones who are still there.

Mum and I then hung around Riverside doing what we've done for years, walking around the compound and gardens and having long lazy breakfasts by the river. I painted (like I've done for years), read (I finished the Hunger Games and have now watched the movie - it's based in the future and so unexpected because it combines ancient Roman times and about people living in poverty, with hunger and they have to fight for food - a bit like people around the world today who live with war and hunger).

I am now reading "Never Fall Down" which is a true story written by an 11 year old boy, called Arn who lived through the Khmer Rouge between 1975 to 1979.

Here are some photos of us hanging around Riverside.

Mum walked through Thao Dien to pick me up from the sleepover

Breakfast at OUR Saigon home - at least at Blu cafe!

Mum too this shot of us


The book I'm reading - it's giving more understanding of what it was like to live under the Khmer Rouge control



No comments:

Post a Comment