Friday 5 October 2012

Our last day in Phnom Penh

We leave Phnom Penh tomorrow to start our journey home, via Saigon and Singapore. Tomorrow night I'm going to a friend's sleepover birthday party in Saigon.

Today Mum and I just went back to the markets to get a few things.

Here are some photos of Mum and me in a tuk-tuk (I LOVE travelling by tuk-tuk, which is how we get around in Phnom Penh) and in a cafe and around the markets.

We've in Cambodia for 9 days. I so enjoyed coming back to my country and exploring it more and visiting friends and familiar places.

Mum & me in a tuk tuk


And again - tuk tuk with Mum

Lotus - Chouk (in Khmer) which haven't bloomed

Lotus blooming - one of Mum's favourite flowers

Roasted snails

Mum and I at Jars of Clay


Selecting friendship bracelets - to sell to raise money to buy Christmas presents for the kids at Monivrong and Cham Chao.


Tonight Sal, Sopheak, Mum and I went to my favourite restaurant ... Khmer Surin. I've been going there since I was 9 months old


Sally, Sohpeak and Mum

Sally and Sopheak

Mum and me

Dinner - loc lac - my favourite. I have the recipe now

traditional Khmer instruments



No comments:

Post a Comment