Friday 19 June 2015

Lombok & Bali via Singapore

Where I will be


I'm going to Indonesia these holidays. It's my first time there and the only country in South East Asia I haven't been to. There are 17,500 islands in Indonesia, but over 6,000 are inhabited. I'm going to four. Lombok (and Gili islands) and Bali because Mum wants to show me the area where Wallace created his theory of evolution because of the different flora and fauna between the two islands. It's called the Wallace Line. 





I am going to Singapore for 12 hours, then we are flying to Lombok to climb a volcano, go snorkelling on different sides of the island, visit small islands, bicycle around the south, do some trekking, waterfalls and anything else Mum and I discover. Then we will get a boat to Bali.



Mum was in Lombok 17 years ago and we're staying one night in a hotel she did in 1998. She remembered being there watching the Kosovo war and seeing a massacre on the BBC. 

The taxi is coming at 7.15am tomorrow morning. Just when I thought the alarm would stop for the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment