Saturday 20 June 2015

SYD to SIN (for 10 hours)

We left Sydney late but it didn't matter because Mum & I could get more hash browns and bircher muesli at the Qantas Club (it might be our last time there - after 12 years). 



I loaned a book from the library - I'm half way through it now.
It WAS an 8 hour flight and there were no good movies on Qantas. 

I wondered why we headed south after take-off but then the Captain turned the plan on a 45 degree angle to head east, then north-east. I saw how the run way extended out into Botany Bay and now see how it made the water hit the foreshore at different angles and why the mangroves Captain Cook would have seen have been destroyed. I looked for Warragamba Dam where I went for the Science excursion last term, but I couldn't see it, but Mum pointed out the end of the Parramatta River, which I hadn't noticed before. 


Some of my photos of the window .. I love the water droplets capturing the take off (on the left). 




ThenI spied Coalcliff ... down south, remembering my times there. 



And at 5pm local Singapore time, we flew over Malaysia .. where more land reclamation and development is taking away the natural ecosystems. 




We got to our cheap hotel at 6.15pm but were only there to drop our bags, because we needed to walk to the money changer to get Rupiah. 9878 IRP = 1AUD ... Mum said it will be easier to think 10,000 rupiah equals one dollar. But, I feel rich, like I did in Vietnam with dong ... I've got 2 million rupiah to spend!!!! (AUD200). 

We then walked to the Tanglin Club, where we didn't need to order because Fazuliah (whose known me since I was 10 months old) just asked if we wanted "the regular". Mum & I did - indian mulligatawny soup and rice, and wine (which wasn't for me). The alarm is set for 5am, and the taxi is coming at 5.15am, Breakfast will be at the airport before our flight to Bandar Udara Internasional airport, Lombok.

No comments:

Post a Comment