Tuesday 30 June 2015

Really the LAST one!

I thought I'd finished the blog but I have to write about this morning when we were leaving Denpasar. 

About 10 minutes after take off, I said to Mum, looking out the window, "is that a volcano erupting?". She squashed me as she leaned off to look, then quickly went for her camera and told me to take some shots. 

It was - a volcano erupting - Mt Raung, on the west coast of Java near Bali. Mum found out when we got to Singapore that flights had been cancelled  from Bali this morning because of the volcanic ash so we were lucky to depart. 

I will NEVER forget that Indonesia is on the ring of fire .. after seeing quite a few volcanoes, climbing an active one and then seeing one erupt. 


Tonight in Singapore we caught up with close friends. Phoebe and Toby are the two kids who have known me longer than anyone. I met then the day after I returned to Singapore after Mum adopted me. We had a fun night at the Tanglin Club. 


Now it's the end. We leave Singapore tomorrow night. Sydney and Term 3 ahead. 

“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” 

– Henry Miller.

No comments:

Post a Comment